Monday, October 14, 2024

Lyrics inspired by an Aurora Family in Mourning: We Ain't Got Nothing

   So - I'm home with a fever. I can't type when I have a fever. 

I tuned into the Aurora study session and council meeting. I thought about heading down there to use my hypnosis skills to calm the conservatives, but spreading germs is definitely not cool.

The City Council is like a dysfunctional family, for sure.
I made a deal with myself that if they allowed the Lewis family to speak, I wouldn't write anything about it. Unfortunately,did not let four people speak. Our new City Attorney is rude. 

Sigh...

It's not my place to speak on behalf of the family. They're handling things really well. I can support them, but I can't speak for them.

The city is going to have to pay up because of their lack of empathy. The city attorney who inspired the name of my bass (Charlie) made some rude and false comments in an online forum. His writing style gave him away. Some things never change. I can't find the comments now, but I'll remember to take screenshots next time. A colleague actually called him out in the comments, which helped reveal his identity.

The City messed up, and they know it. They're trying to scare the family into not asking for much money. But I have a feeling the family wants more than just money - they want to see some real change in policy.

The truth is, money can't bring back what's truly priceless.



The
se are the lyrics so far.  

Working Title: We Ain't Got Nothing 

(Verse 1)
In the shadows where we stand,
Silent cries fall like grains.
Hope's a fading photograph,
Lost beneath the weight of chains.
Dreams of freedom in the air,
And yet the streetlights flicker dim.

(Pre-Chorus)
Young lives taken, fading fast,
Echoes of their voices call.
Injustice lingers like a ghost,
Underneath this heavy pall.

(Chorus)
We ain't got nothing if we don't have justice,
A song of sorrow, a haunting trust.
We cling to dreams that feel so rusted,
Each heartbeat counting, feeling crushed.

(Verse 2)
Tears like rivers carve the earth,
Mothers weep for sons they’ve lost.
Every night we live with fear,
Counting screams, we bear the cost.
Searching for the light to shine,
Amidst the shadows and the pain.

(Pre-Chorus)
Young lives taken, fading fast,
Echoes of their voices call.
Injustice lingers like a ghost,
Underneath this heavy pall.

(Chorus)
We ain't got nothing if we don't have justice,
A song of sorrow, a haunting trust.
We cling to dreams that feel so rusted,
Each heartbeat counting, feeling crushed.

(Bridge)
Where is the love that binds us whole?
Why do we fear the hands we hold?
Voices rising, hearts ignited,
Together we stand, never folded.

(Outro)
In the shadows where we stand,
Silent cries fall like grains.
Hope will echo in the night,
Until we break these heavy chains.
We ain't got nothing if we don't have justice,
Our voices strong, a bond that’s just.



The Soundcloud page has been created.  Working on the studio. 

Love, 

S. 

**I had an idea fourteen years ago to help address the problem but I was told to shut up by the people in charge.  I still think this "trigger-happy" behavior is related to PTSD. No one wants to look at that.  That could help everyone.  

Maybe I should just research it and get it published. 

P.S.  It looks like the Dept. of Justice was on it during the Trump years.  They didn't have a lot to research to cite at the time of this article. 

https://cops.usdoj.gov/html/dispatch/05-2018/PTSD.html

Ode to a Homeless Vet: Lost and Forgotten

  [Verse] Wandering streets with no place to call home Faded camo a ghost of where I've roamed Dog tags clang in rhythm like a sorrowful...