Sunday, October 13, 2024

Contempt of Cop Creates Activists: Song Inspired by Englewood Activist


Today I wish bureaucrats understood that abuses create activists. 

I was born out of the fiery pits of injustice, sparked by the heinous act of my sister being raped in a foster home. From there, my life has been a rollercoaster of eye-opening moments - from being a Mormon rule follower dodging Denver cops on the hunt for drugs, to witnessing Englewood cops turning a blind eye to human trafficking. Not to mention the scandalous schemes of pharmaceutical companies pushing teachers to diagnose ADHD for a kickback, and even a Tax Audit Supervisor at the City of Aurora targeting my then-husband for simply being a bit on the chubby side.


My kids have turned into little detectives, collecting all my old paper trails and stashing them away in the basement like buried treasure. They've filled up an entire bookcase with my past grievances, while my more recent battles are safely stored in the cloud.


But hey, I could write a novel about the past 37 years of me getting riled up and fighting back. Because let's face it, life is just better when those government goons start behaving themselves.


There are countless other women that I've encountered who have been wronged by the system. One thing's for sure - women are not ones to sit back and let injustice slide.  Let the games begin!


Knock it off. 

Love, 

S. 




 [Verse]

Stood tall against the blue

Her words they ripped right through

Hands cuffed for speaking true

She knew she'd fight it too


[Verse 2]

Her heart ignited blaze

Through unjust nights and days

Defiant eyes ablaze

She set the world awaze


[Chorus]

Freedom on fire

She’s our voice

The shunned choir

Breaking bars of the liar

Watch her rise higher higher


[Verse 3]

They locked her in defeat

But she marched to the beat

Of liberty's heartbeat

Never saw her retreat


[Bridge]

From courtroom to the streets

She rallied for our needs

Injustice she defeats

A warrior of deeds


[Chorus]

Freedom on fire

She’s our voice

The shunned choir

Breaking bars of the liar

Watch her rise higher higher

Ode to a Homeless Vet: Lost and Forgotten

  [Verse] Wandering streets with no place to call home Faded camo a ghost of where I've roamed Dog tags clang in rhythm like a sorrowful...