Thursday, October 10, 2024

Electric Cars and Non-Responsive Professionals = Disaster


 I'm having too much fun with this AI stuff (lyrics below). 
Please forgive the elecro beat following the song (it's another version of the same project). 


Today I'm thankful that I'm poor. 


I have chosen to take on low-paying jobs to assist the community. However, I am reconsidering my career path. I thought I was making a difference by taking a financial hit but seeing the sheer number of homeless in the community, I'm realizing that I'm fighting a losing battle.  I still can't do what I need to do. 

Sigh...


Tonight, as I was driving home around 9:00 p.m., I came across a disabled car at I-225 and Parker Road. It was pitch black outside, and a homeless man was trying to direct traffic around the disabled vehicle. The hazards were on, but they looked strange. I pulled up behind the car and turned on my hazards. I asked the man if he needed help and offered to stay until assistance arrived. He told me that the vehicle belonged to an older woman and explained that it was an electric car. That had to be scary. I couldn't imagine waiting, in the dark, for the lights to go out. So, I sat there, waving my hand above my car to guide traffic around the scene. Luckily, my car is so big that I felt safe from any potential accidents.


As I watched the lights on the electric car fade, I wondered if the police would show up and if I would get in trouble for being there. Eventually, a tow truck arrived, but no cops ever showed up. I never really expected them to come. The Aurora and Denver Police Departments are notorious for not answering calls. It makes me think that this is a tactic to justify a future tax increase by claiming a lack of funding. I hope people aren't gullible enough to fall for that.


While waiting, my thoughts moved to other things that were irritating me. 


On a different note, I might have to sell my bass guitars, Charlie (Fender Precision) and Siegfred (Peavey T40), to cover legal expenses. They are my only source of comfort. Slap bass keeps me from running for office cuz it helps me get my angries out. But I need $8,000, so the saxophones might have to go as well. It's a tough situation.


Why do I need the money? Well...


Texas judges seem to make orders but forget to sign off on them, which has led to my granddaughter to be legally remanded back to Colorado after being kidnapped by her dad. Her father is refusing to send her back because of the missing signature. On top of that, a Fort Worth Licensed Professional Counselor saw my granddaughter for just one counseling appointment and claimed she tried to kill herself without providing any further information or follow-up. I don't even know if child protective services was called. I know the child's mother was NOT contacted. 


It's frustrating to deal with professionals who don't take their responsibilities seriously. The counselor didn't even have the correct license number listed, making it difficult for me to track her down. I'm considering filing a regulatory complaint and hiring a lawyer to sort out this mess.


Therapists need to understand the impact of their words and actions. Simply stating that a child is stressed at home isn't enough when there are deeper issues at play. In this case, the father's behavior is causing unnecessary stress for everyone involved, especially my granddaughter.


It's clear that the current situation isn't working, and I wish the professionals involved had listened to my recommendations. The counselor in Texas even got her license number wrong in the letter she wrote, which shows a lack of attention to detail.


I'm considering reaching out to a friend who does clinical supervision in Texas who can provide guidance on how to proceed with filing a complaint. It's important to advocate for children in these situations and ensure they receive the care they need.


I hope the lawyers can resolve this quickly. If necessary, I'm willing to sell my basses to cover any legal fees. Kids shouldn't have to suffer because of bureaucratic mistakes.


Love, 


S. 

Highway Blues: 


[Verse]

Neon lights are fading quick

Highway rolling under dark

Batteries gone it's playing tricks

Left me stranded no more spark


[Verse 2]

Stars above nowhere to hide

Wind's a whisper soft and mean

Tried to call no rides in sight

Electric dreams feel like a scheme


[Chorus]

Highway blues in the night

Electric love ran out of light

Stuck here waiting for sunrise

No power left just empty skies


[Verse 3]

Footsteps echo down the lane

Silent whispers in my brain

Dreams of driving far away

Reality keeps me in chains


[Chorus]

Highway blues in the night

Electric love ran out of light

Stuck here waiting for sunrise

No power left just empty skies


[Bridge]

Ooh the stars they laugh at me

Chasing shadows endlessly

No charge no plan I had no clue

Electric car gave up on you


Ode to a Homeless Vet: Lost and Forgotten

  [Verse] Wandering streets with no place to call home Faded camo a ghost of where I've roamed Dog tags clang in rhythm like a sorrowful...