Friday, October 4, 2024

AI Song - Aurora, Colorado - City of Silence (Not Bad)

 




Today I am thankful for AI; the song the android wrote is a heck of a lot better than mine.  

The song perfectly encapsulated my night of cruising around in my old, beat-up car around 12th and Dallas in early September, followed by a trip to Waffle House for breakfast in the early morning hours. It captured the essence of the experience, albeit in a way only an android could.


Personally, I envision the singer as Data from Star Trek, attempting to understand human emotions while resisting the urge to intervene in the strange politics of a new planet he has discovered.


But, moving on - there are actually two versions of the song.

Want a listen?




A traditional country song. 


This is a more modernish option. 

Lyrics:   

[Verse 1] In Aurora's quiet streets, the sun beats down, 

Politicians claim there's gangs all around. 

But I walk those roads, see families and friends,

 No sign of trouble, 

just peace that never ends. 

 [Verse 2] They speak of shadows, 

foreign and near, 

But all I see is neighbors, 

with nothin' to fear. 

In town hall meetings, 

no voices allowed, 

Public comments silenced, 

opinions not proud.

 [Chorus] City of silence, 

where truth is denied, 

Politicians spreading fear, 

while good folks hide. 

We just want answers, 

a chance to be heard, I

n Aurora, Colorado, 

our voices deferred. 

 [Verse 3] In the heart of this town, 

the church bell rings, 

Kids play on the playground, swings slides and swings. 

But the men in suits, 

they paint a different tale, 

Of gangs and danger, 

a city set to fail. 

 [Verse 4] At the diner on Main, 

stories do unfold, 

Of hardworking lives, 

both young and old. 

No trace of the chaos they say is near, 

Just farmers and teachers and memories clear. 

[Chorus] City of silence, 

where truth is denied, 

Politicians spreading fear, 

while good folks hide. 

We just want answers, 

a chance to be heard,

In Aurora, Colorado, 

our voices deferred. 


Perhaps ol' Siegfred Smith should consider creating a SoundCloud account.


I might just have to dust off my SoundCloud and start recording some tunes. I'm basically a one-woman band (although my singing skills are questionable, so if the City Council wants to ban that, I wouldn't blame them).


I can test the waters by uploading my Bad Baton Collection. If families can't speak out about their loved ones who were victims of police brutality, I'll just keep painting the perpetrators. It's about time I shared that I once worked with a relative of Elijah McClain before his tragic passing. The whole situation with Aurora's finest really got my blood boiling. That was something I was going to wait a couple of decades to share to make sure legal cases were exhausted and I wouldn't embarrass children. 

Maybe I shouldn't wait? 


I'll never forget that clueless cop who tried to school me online about ketamine, despite my background as a licensed addiction counselor and cowgirl. The newbies to this state forget our western heritage.  It's disgusting. 


Ugh!


If the citizens of Aurora are being silenced, there are still ways for us to make our voices heard. This new rule is going to blow up in the City Council's face if they don't reconsider it soon. I suggest they make some changes before people like me start having too much fun with it.


I hope someone steals this song and gives it the recording it deserves. I've got a few more tunes up my sleeve (thanks to AI).


People are even joking about me running for office again. It's that chaotic.

Trust me, you don't want to go there.


If you think things are crazy now - just don't go there.


Politicians and their donors better watch out when regular folks start gathering signatures to shake things up.


Hugs, 

S. 


P.S. If anyone steals this song, there are a couple of funky lyrics.  I think AI meant slides and swings rather than swings and swings. 

Yes, there are farmers in Aurora (way east past Gun Club Rd.). 

Have fun. 








Ode to a Homeless Vet: Lost and Forgotten

  [Verse] Wandering streets with no place to call home Faded camo a ghost of where I've roamed Dog tags clang in rhythm like a sorrowful...