Skip to main content

Awkwardness

Today I am thankful for recognizing the awkwardness of my marital status. 
 


Conversation with another parent at the local school while picking up the kids:

"How are you and Mike doing?" 

"We're getting divorced.  It should be final next month." 

"Oh".  He pauses.  We talk for a little bit about the kids and life.  Then he looks into my eyes and asks  "Do you want to go get dinner sometime?"

"I've met someone." 

He looks at me in stunned silence, like I'm a slut or something. 

Okay, then....I'm going to tell everyone that I am married until I'm divorced.   What is going on?  I gave the ring back twelve years ago. 

Why is it such a big issue now? 

Maybe it is my body language?  The way I dress?  Or is it just the general glow that I have because I am incredibly happy?  I don't know.  I do feel different. 

Conversation with salesman at the neighborhood liquor store:

"Can I help you?"

"Please, I've been asked to pick out a wedding gift but the wine they asked for is incredibly cheap.  I don't want to buy them a case or I'll look I'm calling the bride a lush." 

"Who is it for, my dear?" 

"Well"....I stammer...."my....my.... husband's boss. I don't want to be cheap and don't want to call anyone an alcoholic." 

 He helps me pick out two higher end bottles of wine.  He looks at me, takes a breath and asks "your husband's boss?"


"Yes."

I'll be incredibly embarrassed if he is someone that knows me, my ex or my friend. 

So....this is place where I find myself is incredibly weird and awkward.  I haven't ever dated, really.  I've had three relationships in my life and each one began shortly after the preceding one ended.

I've never had the lull before. There has been a lull here but I haven't been available to date pending the exit of this relationship.  

How else does one signal unavailability? 

I'll figure it out. 

I avoid eye contact with everyone. 

The last time I looked in some one's eyes for more than a few seconds, I started to fall in love. 

If I look at those blue eyes again for more than a few moments, I fear I'll lose my dress. 

So....

What to do? 

It's good to be introverted. 

I'll keep to myself for awhile and people will understand why. 

Love ya,

S.



Popular posts from this blog

Stalker Proxy Phone Calls

What kind of songs do narcissistic stalkers sing?  I imagine they sing songs like this.   I am grateful now that I understand why the stalker has people call  but   wish they'd listen when I ask them not to call again.  I probably should document this somewhere.  My ex was talking to an old friend of mine from high school on a daily basis.  She is his cousin.   I had to quit talking to her when she'd ask me to plan parties and then refuse to give me the guest list saying that the attendees would only be me, her, my stalker Shannon, and my NPD mother-in-law.   She wanted me to plan interventions.   This happened with a baby shower.  It also happened with a wedding.  The in-laws put together a fake wedding trying to host an intervention to shame me and my ex into doing things for them (like quit school and give them my car).   I had to cut this so-called friend off over that in 2004....

Covid (Edited)

Today I am thankful for unorganized conspiracies: It makes it easier to identify them. Politicians are going to label anyone calling bullshit on the Covid lockdowns a Conspiracy Theorist.   I have a saying; " Conspiracies happen all the time; it's only a theory until it's proven."  This one is easy to prove.  It's obvious that the powers that be threw a lot of shit at a wall to see what would stick.  They're trying to inundate us with useless information and financial pressure to wear us down. That doesn't work on the indominable American spirit. ***** Let's work backwards. The CDC is now lumping flu, pneumonia and Covid19 deaths in one number.  Get this....the numbers have been declining for the past 11 weeks! https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/covid-data/covidview/index.html We are now below pandemic levels. Tell me why Governor Polis and his merry band of naked Democrat Emperors are pushing masks and pushing more lo...

Realizations

Today I am thankful for realizations.   Michael handed me a note promising me the house, the 401K and custody of the kids.  I told him to come up with something a little more fair towards himself. He started crying because he doesn't want a divorce.  I'm all he lives for. He hasn't touched me in six years and I'm what he wants. Yeah...right!! I am so flippin' pissed! I knew it!! I knew it!!! The games...the stalking...the lying...the bullshit...the threats to kill himself.... it is all designed to keep me here. I still don't get the stalking shit.  He claims it's his sister and he can't keep me safe from her.  He can't help but tell them how to find me, so he tells me that I will never be safe so long as I am married to him. The cops say he's the stalker and that I'll never be safe until he moves on to another woman. I'm confused. I'm seriously thinking that the only way to stay safe is to move far away....