Skip to main content

Neighborhood Thrift Shop



Today I am thankful for the lil' thrift shop in my home town.
 
 
Anyone who knows me well, knows that I've basically been on my own since I was fourteen. 
 
After my parents died, I was sent off to live with a rich uncle.....who was never home.  He never gave me money or an allowance.  I worked for whatever I had. 
 
I also made friends with the women who ran the local thrift shop.  That helped me have nice clothes that got me through high school. 
 
Now when I have NICE stuff, it goes to them.  They give a lot of stuff to battered women.  The money goes to the shelter. 
 
Many of the local consignment shops give their high end merchandise to them.  I go and get new stuff for next to nothing.  I swear, I have more shoes than Imelda Marcos.  If I don't ever get around to wearing them before I move, they'll go back to the thrift shop. 
 
I call that the cycle of crap. 
I buy.  I give it back.  I buy some more. 
 
It works. 
 
I need a coat.  I broke my zipper tugging on it too hard.  They didn't have anything that wasn't gaudy.  I won't wear fur.  I don't know how to clean leather.  So....I didn't get a coat. 
 
My friend gave me a paper bag and told me to fill it up.  She said they needed to make room and would give me anything I could fit in the bag for $5.  So...
 
I got a brand new red suit, a really slinky black dress, and a couple of hot low cut blouses.  Then my friend stuffed it full of jeans for me. 
 
She said she sold me $80 worth of stuff for $5. 
 
I left with a bag of clothes. 
 
I tried to pawn it off on the teenager and she said NO. 
 
So...

I'm at home doing laundry.
 
 
 
This was the first time that I went to my home town and didn't miss Thomas...oops, I mean Timothy. 
 
I miss Steve. 

It's horrid. 
 
I went onto Facebook (like a f'ing freak) and saw something that Steve typed to me about being rejected, being undesirable, and that no sugar can cure his pain. 
 
He has no clue.  I have sugar that could cure his pain.  I just need to make sure it doesn't cause more trouble than it is worth for him.  I'd get that guy's neuroreceptors firing. 

His blue eyes sparkle.  His bald head is the hottest damn thing on the planet; that's a turn on.  He glows when he sees me.  That is cool, too. 

I like gray beards, too.

He's smart.  He's funny.  He's filthy. 

He's not a jackass. 

I wanted to call him to ask if he was okay but I didn't. 

I felt guilty. 
 
My ex came upstairs and saw my red suit and started to cry. 
 
I asked him if he was feeling well. 
 
Yeah....he whimpered. 
 
He mentioned that he met me when I was wearing a red dress and some stupid Chris deBurgh song was playing.  
 
What the hell? 
 
He doesn't want me enough to play nice and stop stalking!  Why does he want me when I want someone else? 
 
Damn him! 

I'm going to have to move before I can stay warm at night, huh? 

Sigh...and a hot lesbian friend of mine offered to teach me something new.
 
Worse, the man who proposed to me on the other side of the country keeps calling me. 
 
I don't want him either. 
 
Maybe I need to run away. 
 
Help??
  
 
 


Popular posts from this blog

Stalker Proxy Phone Calls

What kind of songs do narcissistic stalkers sing?  I imagine they sing songs like this.   I am grateful now that I understand why the stalker has people call  but   wish they'd listen when I ask them not to call again.  I probably should document this somewhere.  My ex was talking to an old friend of mine from high school on a daily basis.  She is his cousin.   I had to quit talking to her when she'd ask me to plan parties and then refuse to give me the guest list saying that the attendees would only be me, her, my stalker Shannon, and my NPD mother-in-law.   She wanted me to plan interventions.   This happened with a baby shower.  It also happened with a wedding.  The in-laws put together a fake wedding trying to host an intervention to shame me and my ex into doing things for them (like quit school and give them my car).   I had to cut this so-called friend off over that in 2004....

Recognizing Psychological Abuse

Today I am thankful that I recognize relationship abuse.   I'm still sad. I thought Steve would be different.  For all the talk about anarchy and freedom, it simply didn't exist in our relationship.  I blamed the fact that I couldn't get my ex-husband to move on.  I blamed myself. It doesn't matter.  It is weird having my ex-husband explain to me how he took control of our relationship years ago.  Yes, he says that he knows what he did.  Yes, he said most men know the games they play.  Yes, most men do it for control. That is validating.  It's painful.  It's validating.  I know what my problems are.  I always do my best to see the best in other people.  I know that no one is perfect and that everyone makes mistakes.  My issue?  Well, I am too forgiving and I feel badly when I break up with someone for hurting me.  I couldn't take it anymore.  I couldn't.  I'm st...

Covid (Edited)

Today I am thankful for unorganized conspiracies: It makes it easier to identify them. Politicians are going to label anyone calling bullshit on the Covid lockdowns a Conspiracy Theorist.   I have a saying; " Conspiracies happen all the time; it's only a theory until it's proven."  This one is easy to prove.  It's obvious that the powers that be threw a lot of shit at a wall to see what would stick.  They're trying to inundate us with useless information and financial pressure to wear us down. That doesn't work on the indominable American spirit. ***** Let's work backwards. The CDC is now lumping flu, pneumonia and Covid19 deaths in one number.  Get this....the numbers have been declining for the past 11 weeks! https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/covid-data/covidview/index.html We are now below pandemic levels. Tell me why Governor Polis and his merry band of naked Democrat Emperors are pushing masks and pushing more lo...