Skip to main content

Nakedness




Today I appreciate nakedness only in that I am beginning to believe that this is the true function of love. 

I finally realize the quality in those relationships that end up becoming life long. 

It is nakedness. 

Those men who stay with me for years, they all do the same thing. 

They peel me away, layer by layer. 

They challenge me to look at those false assumptions that I have about my life. 

They challenge me to look beyond my fears. 

They challenge me to make the changes that need to be made, no matter how much I dig my heels in.

They do everything to make my soul lay bare....

before wanting to take my clothes off. 

So, I'm thinking that...love...by its very essence...... is about nakedness;

nakedness of body,

nakedness of mind,

and nakedness of soul. 

If the guy can still stand you once he realizes what and who you are,

if he still loves you despite the scars and despite the flaws...

it must be true love.

That must be why I love my friend so much. 

He sees more to me than I do. 

He is the only person who sees my anxiety attacks, who sees that I am flawed by my fear but still accepts me anyway. 

Sadly, I think I'm doing the same darn thing to him. 

I don't mean to challenge him. 

I just wished he saw that life isn't so bad.  Most people are well meaning.  There is more to him than he realizes. 

It must be a soul mate thing. 

I had someone claim that cynics and mystics are the same kind of people; we're trying to make sense of things in the world.  I'm not sure what he meant by that...but if that is so, it could explain why INFJs always attract INTJs.

I'm a mystic.  He's a cynic. 

Maybe that is why we are so comfortable together. 

It's something to think about. 

Love ya,

S. 

Popular posts from this blog

Stalker Proxy Phone Calls

What kind of songs do narcissistic stalkers sing?  I imagine they sing songs like this.   I am grateful now that I understand why the stalker has people call  but   wish they'd listen when I ask them not to call again.  I probably should document this somewhere.  My ex was talking to an old friend of mine from high school on a daily basis.  She is his cousin.   I had to quit talking to her when she'd ask me to plan parties and then refuse to give me the guest list saying that the attendees would only be me, her, my stalker Shannon, and my NPD mother-in-law.   She wanted me to plan interventions.   This happened with a baby shower.  It also happened with a wedding.  The in-laws put together a fake wedding trying to host an intervention to shame me and my ex into doing things for them (like quit school and give them my car).   I had to cut this so-called friend off over that in 2004....

Recognizing Psychological Abuse

Today I am thankful that I recognize relationship abuse.   I'm still sad. I thought Steve would be different.  For all the talk about anarchy and freedom, it simply didn't exist in our relationship.  I blamed the fact that I couldn't get my ex-husband to move on.  I blamed myself. It doesn't matter.  It is weird having my ex-husband explain to me how he took control of our relationship years ago.  Yes, he says that he knows what he did.  Yes, he said most men know the games they play.  Yes, most men do it for control. That is validating.  It's painful.  It's validating.  I know what my problems are.  I always do my best to see the best in other people.  I know that no one is perfect and that everyone makes mistakes.  My issue?  Well, I am too forgiving and I feel badly when I break up with someone for hurting me.  I couldn't take it anymore.  I couldn't.  I'm st...

Covid (Edited)

Today I am thankful for unorganized conspiracies: It makes it easier to identify them. Politicians are going to label anyone calling bullshit on the Covid lockdowns a Conspiracy Theorist.   I have a saying; " Conspiracies happen all the time; it's only a theory until it's proven."  This one is easy to prove.  It's obvious that the powers that be threw a lot of shit at a wall to see what would stick.  They're trying to inundate us with useless information and financial pressure to wear us down. That doesn't work on the indominable American spirit. ***** Let's work backwards. The CDC is now lumping flu, pneumonia and Covid19 deaths in one number.  Get this....the numbers have been declining for the past 11 weeks! https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/covid-data/covidview/index.html We are now below pandemic levels. Tell me why Governor Polis and his merry band of naked Democrat Emperors are pushing masks and pushing more lo...