Skip to main content

If My Life Could be Distilled into One Sentence

 


Today I am thankful for the ability to laugh at myself. 


I woke up....famished....and ran downstairs to open the refrigerator. 

It was full.  Since I gave the kids credit cards, they keep it pretty well stocked. 

They're health food addicts, too. 

Lots of veggies and fruit, 

sprouted bread, 

Ghee, 

yogurt, 

various types of cheese, 

imagine it and it is probably there. 

Despite the variety, .nothing looked like it would be worth the effort to put into my mouth. 

Then, my subconscious mind came up with this zinger - 

I'm starving and despite the abundance in front of me, there is nothing I want to touch.

This is the story of my life. 

*****

Yes, I've given thought to why I am terrified to date. 

I think it boils down to just one thing - 

It took me YEARS to extricate myself from the mess that was my last marriage. 

I knew his family since I was fourteen years old. 

How in the hell did I miss the toxic, stalking, narcissistic tendencies that ran in that enmeshed family? 

It's hard to trust myself now. 

It's to the point, though, where I'm not living. 

*****

INFJs tend to go into a private little isolated hell when they're depressed and introspective. 

I've been here for the past three to four weeks. 

My friends are worried about me because I'm missing in action short of the little messages I send them for their birthdays. 

Part of me is afraid of what is going to happen when my ex-husband gets the response to his legal inquiries. 

I'm hoping he's done with the harassment piece. 

Just to be sure, I ought to start hunting for a new job. 

I am so damn tired of hiding from the world just to feel safe. 

It's dumb. 

It's a waste of energy. 

Maybe moving to Kansas isn't such a bad idea after all? 

I'd just get lost because there will be no mountains for me to navigate by. 

At least, I won't have all these painful memories triggering nostalgic dreams that freak me out. 


May you always keep your sense of direction.

Love, 

S. 




Popular posts from this blog

Stalker Proxy Phone Calls

What kind of songs do narcissistic stalkers sing?  I imagine they sing songs like this.   I am grateful now that I understand why the stalker has people call  but   wish they'd listen when I ask them not to call again.  I probably should document this somewhere.  My ex was talking to an old friend of mine from high school on a daily basis.  She is his cousin.   I had to quit talking to her when she'd ask me to plan parties and then refuse to give me the guest list saying that the attendees would only be me, her, my stalker Shannon, and my NPD mother-in-law.   She wanted me to plan interventions.   This happened with a baby shower.  It also happened with a wedding.  The in-laws put together a fake wedding trying to host an intervention to shame me and my ex into doing things for them (like quit school and give them my car).   I had to cut this so-called friend off over that in 2004....

Recognizing Psychological Abuse

Today I am thankful that I recognize relationship abuse.   I'm still sad. I thought Steve would be different.  For all the talk about anarchy and freedom, it simply didn't exist in our relationship.  I blamed the fact that I couldn't get my ex-husband to move on.  I blamed myself. It doesn't matter.  It is weird having my ex-husband explain to me how he took control of our relationship years ago.  Yes, he says that he knows what he did.  Yes, he said most men know the games they play.  Yes, most men do it for control. That is validating.  It's painful.  It's validating.  I know what my problems are.  I always do my best to see the best in other people.  I know that no one is perfect and that everyone makes mistakes.  My issue?  Well, I am too forgiving and I feel badly when I break up with someone for hurting me.  I couldn't take it anymore.  I couldn't.  I'm st...

Covid (Edited)

Today I am thankful for unorganized conspiracies: It makes it easier to identify them. Politicians are going to label anyone calling bullshit on the Covid lockdowns a Conspiracy Theorist.   I have a saying; " Conspiracies happen all the time; it's only a theory until it's proven."  This one is easy to prove.  It's obvious that the powers that be threw a lot of shit at a wall to see what would stick.  They're trying to inundate us with useless information and financial pressure to wear us down. That doesn't work on the indominable American spirit. ***** Let's work backwards. The CDC is now lumping flu, pneumonia and Covid19 deaths in one number.  Get this....the numbers have been declining for the past 11 weeks! https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/covid-data/covidview/index.html We are now below pandemic levels. Tell me why Governor Polis and his merry band of naked Democrat Emperors are pushing masks and pushing more lo...