Skip to main content

A Kind Word

Today I am thankful that I have something nice to say about a judge.

Two months ago, an Arapahoe County judge allowed my ex to stay with me for another 60 days.

I'd been trying to get away from this guy since 2008.  He was court ordered to move out on October 21, 2013.

He never moved out despite my asking him to leave.

He would make excuses and he'd give a move out date.  Those move out dates would come and go without change.

I could not force him out of the house because I only had my divorce settlement giving me sole possession of the house.  I did not have an order forcing him out.

I either needed him to leave on his own or I needed an order of eviction.

After more than three years of games, he finally moved out on Friday.

I changed the locks.

We had a hearing today.

My ex didn't show up.

I was awarded thousands of dollars that I'll never see.

That money can be used as leverage to keep his stalkerish family away from me.

If they bother me, I can aggressively pursue collection of the judgements.

If they leave me alone, I can be more leisurely about it.

*****
The judge thought of something that the sheriff told me to do.

I had forgotten it.

The judge amended the agreement to state that Michael could only come into my home with my consent

-or-

with an escort of a sheriff to pick up his things.

The warrant that was issued for his arrest was stayed for 30 or so days.

That means, I don't have to worry about him being arrested and his family coming at me to punish me.

Way to go, Judge!

*****
I'm still frustrated that judges don't understand domestic violence.  They do see things I don't think about. I'll keep that in mind when I start ranting.

Love ya,

S.




Popular posts from this blog

Stalker Proxy Phone Calls

What kind of songs do narcissistic stalkers sing?  I imagine they sing songs like this.   I am grateful now that I understand why the stalker has people call  but   wish they'd listen when I ask them not to call again.  I probably should document this somewhere.  My ex was talking to an old friend of mine from high school on a daily basis.  She is his cousin.   I had to quit talking to her when she'd ask me to plan parties and then refuse to give me the guest list saying that the attendees would only be me, her, my stalker Shannon, and my NPD mother-in-law.   She wanted me to plan interventions.   This happened with a baby shower.  It also happened with a wedding.  The in-laws put together a fake wedding trying to host an intervention to shame me and my ex into doing things for them (like quit school and give them my car).   I had to cut this so-called friend off over that in 2004....

Recognizing Psychological Abuse

Today I am thankful that I recognize relationship abuse.   I'm still sad. I thought Steve would be different.  For all the talk about anarchy and freedom, it simply didn't exist in our relationship.  I blamed the fact that I couldn't get my ex-husband to move on.  I blamed myself. It doesn't matter.  It is weird having my ex-husband explain to me how he took control of our relationship years ago.  Yes, he says that he knows what he did.  Yes, he said most men know the games they play.  Yes, most men do it for control. That is validating.  It's painful.  It's validating.  I know what my problems are.  I always do my best to see the best in other people.  I know that no one is perfect and that everyone makes mistakes.  My issue?  Well, I am too forgiving and I feel badly when I break up with someone for hurting me.  I couldn't take it anymore.  I couldn't.  I'm st...

Covid (Edited)

Today I am thankful for unorganized conspiracies: It makes it easier to identify them. Politicians are going to label anyone calling bullshit on the Covid lockdowns a Conspiracy Theorist.   I have a saying; " Conspiracies happen all the time; it's only a theory until it's proven."  This one is easy to prove.  It's obvious that the powers that be threw a lot of shit at a wall to see what would stick.  They're trying to inundate us with useless information and financial pressure to wear us down. That doesn't work on the indominable American spirit. ***** Let's work backwards. The CDC is now lumping flu, pneumonia and Covid19 deaths in one number.  Get this....the numbers have been declining for the past 11 weeks! https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/covid-data/covidview/index.html We are now below pandemic levels. Tell me why Governor Polis and his merry band of naked Democrat Emperors are pushing masks and pushing more lo...