Skip to main content

Relationship Breaks = Being Single

Today I am thankful for relationship breaks.


A relationship break means I am single.


Steve said something that scared me.  He's said similar things several times before.  I spoke to my therapist about it and he thought it was a sign of a personality disorder.


I don't believe that shrink.  I'm thinking about firing the shrink.  He doesn't seem very well educated.  The only thing I agree with is that what was said points to a delusion.  That delusion could make me unsafe someday. 

This therapist, though, hasn't really been very kind.  I am not sure I take him as an authority.  He said that no one believed me about the stalking.  That's not true.  I was having coffee with a psychiatrist buddy of mine during a four hour stalking fest.  The psychiatrist believes me.  Shannon and her boyfriend Doug harassed my landlord (she's a psychologist who specializes in NPD).  This psychologist believes me.  People who have seen it believe me and urge me to take action to stay safe.  The shrink I saw today doesn't believe me. 


*****
On the bright side, this shrink made me realize that I should address my concerns with Steve.  I tried to talk to Steve about it. 


I can't.  I can't do it without sounding....well...cold and clinical. 


Truth be told, I am no longer comfortable around him. 


I don't think he is comfortable around me.


He'll invite me over and do freaky things that cause me to feel uncomfortable and leave.  Or, he'll invite me to stay and then ask me to leave.  The connection is waning.

It's probably me.  I'm too stressed out to be effective in any relationship.






*****


I realized that every time I have a concern, we break up rather than deal with it.  Then, after a week or so, we hook back up as though nothing happened.  Nothing really gets resolved.  My trust starts to fade.  Each time, I give him less and less.  I love him but I don't think I can be with him.  I think we would need heavy duty coaching.  He promised to go to coaching with me, but, really....if we have to do that this early in the game, we probably shouldn't be together. 




It also dawned on me that all the fights are to give him space so he can find someone else.


Every time he acts out, we break up.  He claims to have found another love interest.  That is what the break ups are about.  They are to give him time to find someone else.  When he doesn't, he settles for me. 


I don't want him to settle.


*****


I decided to bow out.  It is my fault.  I don't feel right being in a relationship until my ex-husband moves out of the house.  I am working on it.  This is for the best.  It really is. 


When Steve asked for a break, I gave him a permanent one.


The break is a way to NOT speak to the problem. 


It is a way to avoid it.

*****
If a connection is waning.  A break will other further the disconnection.  I figured it was easier to let it die today than to wait to address the issue in two weeks.


I thought I'd do the right thing for everyone and end things permanently.


I'm off to grieve. 


A girl has to do what a girl has to do. 


Men...fix problems or just break up.  Don't take a break.  It's a chicken's way out.


Love ya,

S. 

Popular posts from this blog

Stalker Proxy Phone Calls

What kind of songs do narcissistic stalkers sing?  I imagine they sing songs like this.   I am grateful now that I understand why the stalker has people call  but   wish they'd listen when I ask them not to call again.  I probably should document this somewhere.  My ex was talking to an old friend of mine from high school on a daily basis.  She is his cousin.   I had to quit talking to her when she'd ask me to plan parties and then refuse to give me the guest list saying that the attendees would only be me, her, my stalker Shannon, and my NPD mother-in-law.   She wanted me to plan interventions.   This happened with a baby shower.  It also happened with a wedding.  The in-laws put together a fake wedding trying to host an intervention to shame me and my ex into doing things for them (like quit school and give them my car).   I had to cut this so-called friend off over that in 2004....

Recognizing Psychological Abuse

Today I am thankful that I recognize relationship abuse.   I'm still sad. I thought Steve would be different.  For all the talk about anarchy and freedom, it simply didn't exist in our relationship.  I blamed the fact that I couldn't get my ex-husband to move on.  I blamed myself. It doesn't matter.  It is weird having my ex-husband explain to me how he took control of our relationship years ago.  Yes, he says that he knows what he did.  Yes, he said most men know the games they play.  Yes, most men do it for control. That is validating.  It's painful.  It's validating.  I know what my problems are.  I always do my best to see the best in other people.  I know that no one is perfect and that everyone makes mistakes.  My issue?  Well, I am too forgiving and I feel badly when I break up with someone for hurting me.  I couldn't take it anymore.  I couldn't.  I'm st...

Covid (Edited)

Today I am thankful for unorganized conspiracies: It makes it easier to identify them. Politicians are going to label anyone calling bullshit on the Covid lockdowns a Conspiracy Theorist.   I have a saying; " Conspiracies happen all the time; it's only a theory until it's proven."  This one is easy to prove.  It's obvious that the powers that be threw a lot of shit at a wall to see what would stick.  They're trying to inundate us with useless information and financial pressure to wear us down. That doesn't work on the indominable American spirit. ***** Let's work backwards. The CDC is now lumping flu, pneumonia and Covid19 deaths in one number.  Get this....the numbers have been declining for the past 11 weeks! https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/covid-data/covidview/index.html We are now below pandemic levels. Tell me why Governor Polis and his merry band of naked Democrat Emperors are pushing masks and pushing more lo...