Skip to main content

Parties (with edits)

Today I am thankful for birthday parties.


Okay....


My sister is having a birthday party for her youngest daughter tomorrow afternoon.

She invited me. 


She invited my family.

Now, I have to concern myself with the definition of family. 


Is my family the children and I?


Is it my family, my love, and the children?


Does the concept of family constitute my household? 

Do I have to bring my ex-husband? 


My sister hates my ex-husband.  I had been forbidden to visit with her children because she hated my husband so much.  My sister was delighted at our divorce.  She was more delighted learning that I was dating an Anarchist who believes that prostitution shouldn't be illegal.


I think she wants to meet the Anarchist.


Sigh.....


As the holidays swiftly approach, this is going to be a common question.


Do I bring my love? 


Do I bring the ex?

This is so damn weird.


Maybe I should go alone.


What is the formality one must follow in these situations? 


I want to run and hide.

My life is one awkward party.


I can't stand it anymore.

Love ya,

S.


Edit:

Well, the invitation was first extended to my ex-husband. 


They are not treating us like we are divorced.  My initial reaction is to recoil in horror and run away from town. 

It gets worse.

My sister was bragging about her "new" friends.


Take a wild guess as to who they are.

Yep...my sister has made friends with my political enemies.

One of them will be there.

Guess why they want me there? 

Actually, I have to guess. 

I don't know. 

I wonder if they know about the recall effort? 


I'd rather not go. 


I will.  I'll behave.  I promise. 

Who knows?  They may convince me to run again.

We will see. 

At least I won't be there long enough to eat the cake.


After party edit:


It wasn't so bad. 


The liberal guy just took a lot of pictures of me.  He only asked me one political question and that was my party affiliation.  I told him that I was a registered Libertarian and he left me alone.

He took a lot of pics, though.


It went well. 

I haven't seen my sister in the light in ages.  When we run into each other it is typically at night.  She doesn't keep normal hours.  She's a night owl who lives like a vampire.

Her name is Ginger.

I used to laugh because I was the redhead.  She was a natural blonde.

Well....now Ginger has curly red hair just like I do.  She laments that she can't dye the red away. 


That poor dear.

I know how it feels.

She wants me to apply to be her boss at a nursing home.  Her boss quit. 


Do you know why?


The resident's families are taking advantage of the corporation.


My sister said that some orderly is stealing hundreds of dollars from a few of the people living there.  The home responds by giving the families hundreds of dollars off of their monthly rent.


The orderlies are not stealing anything.  The families are talking to each other and finding a way to lower their rent.


I smell a scam. 

I don't know if I want the job.  I have to research the pay first.


*****

I'm still in pain.  I'm still sad.  I'm still confused. 

My family was talking about how sad it was that I was divorced from Michael even though it is obvious that we care about each other.


Yes....but...the relationship was not working.


Yes....but...I do not know how to get away.


Yes....but...I think I need to be alone for the rest of my life or until I can find a way to get away from Michael. 


That makes me depressed.


*****


Oh....there is one funny thing that I saw etched in the sidewalk outside of my sister's condo.  Someone had etched an encircled Anarchist A in the concrete.

I wonder if my sister did that. 

I won't have to worry about this for another month. 


Her birthday is four weeks away. 

That'll give me time to figure out who goes to parties with me.


I don't think it will be much of an issue.  I don't think I'll be attached.  I can't be in a relationship in this situation.  Until my ex-husband moves out of the house, I am not girlfriend material.

I am in unsexy mode. 


I can't get into sex under these circumstances.


I don't see how to end the situation in a manner that will not harm the children.

I think I am stuck. 


I don't know.


I'm trying to find a solution.

Maybe there isn't one.










Popular posts from this blog

Stalker Proxy Phone Calls

What kind of songs do narcissistic stalkers sing?  I imagine they sing songs like this.   I am grateful now that I understand why the stalker has people call  but   wish they'd listen when I ask them not to call again.  I probably should document this somewhere.  My ex was talking to an old friend of mine from high school on a daily basis.  She is his cousin.   I had to quit talking to her when she'd ask me to plan parties and then refuse to give me the guest list saying that the attendees would only be me, her, my stalker Shannon, and my NPD mother-in-law.   She wanted me to plan interventions.   This happened with a baby shower.  It also happened with a wedding.  The in-laws put together a fake wedding trying to host an intervention to shame me and my ex into doing things for them (like quit school and give them my car).   I had to cut this so-called friend off over that in 2004....

Covid (Edited)

Today I am thankful for unorganized conspiracies: It makes it easier to identify them. Politicians are going to label anyone calling bullshit on the Covid lockdowns a Conspiracy Theorist.   I have a saying; " Conspiracies happen all the time; it's only a theory until it's proven."  This one is easy to prove.  It's obvious that the powers that be threw a lot of shit at a wall to see what would stick.  They're trying to inundate us with useless information and financial pressure to wear us down. That doesn't work on the indominable American spirit. ***** Let's work backwards. The CDC is now lumping flu, pneumonia and Covid19 deaths in one number.  Get this....the numbers have been declining for the past 11 weeks! https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/covid-data/covidview/index.html We are now below pandemic levels. Tell me why Governor Polis and his merry band of naked Democrat Emperors are pushing masks and pushing more lo...

Realizations

Today I am thankful for realizations.   Michael handed me a note promising me the house, the 401K and custody of the kids.  I told him to come up with something a little more fair towards himself. He started crying because he doesn't want a divorce.  I'm all he lives for. He hasn't touched me in six years and I'm what he wants. Yeah...right!! I am so flippin' pissed! I knew it!! I knew it!!! The games...the stalking...the lying...the bullshit...the threats to kill himself.... it is all designed to keep me here. I still don't get the stalking shit.  He claims it's his sister and he can't keep me safe from her.  He can't help but tell them how to find me, so he tells me that I will never be safe so long as I am married to him. The cops say he's the stalker and that I'll never be safe until he moves on to another woman. I'm confused. I'm seriously thinking that the only way to stay safe is to move far away....