Skip to main content

Love is NOT giving up

Today I am thankful that I realize what love is: It is NOT giving up on someone.


I don't want to say exactly what is going on. 


I don't want to have my therapist hat on today.  It is really hard not to do that given my training and life experience. 


Someone I love is having paranoid delusions; my guess is that they are due to alcohol or depression.

I tend to work with creative types (artists, musicians, entrepreneurs) and help them overcome mental blocks.  The bulk of my experience in health psychology tends towards motivation (weight loss and smoking cessation).  In the psych world, I get the easy jobs because my clients tend to be highly motivated for change.  I don't get court ordered people resistant to change.  I get people who want the best in life and are willing to pay for it.


I don't deal with neuroses, personality disorders, and the really heavy stuff.  At most, I've taken maybe ten seminars on these things after getting my graduate degree.  I only did that so I could recognize people in dire straits and refer them elsewhere. 


Delusional disorders are not my domain. 


I have studied them.

Sometimes people will mimic paranoia when trying to work though persecutory incidents from their past experience.  It's just like people who marry drunks when trying to work through the alcoholism of an opposite sex parent.  We subconsciously do things to try to resolve inner conflicts.  I guess it is our subconscious mind's way of releasing old baggage.


I know this isn't a personality disorder.  I know it is due to stress.  I am wracking my brain trying to think of things I would suggest to a client to do to support a significant other undergoing the same things. 


I've never had a client in this position.  Perhaps I need to see one of my colleagues.  I know....I know....I'll ask my office mate.


The funny thing is that I had slated the day to build my website.  The servers have been down since last night.  I can't build it.  I got it looking really nice and then the servers blew.  UGH!!! 

Luckily, I have more than one webhost and my domains are pointed to a working server.

As of this moment, I have nothing to do except clean and think. 


It must be fate. 


I am NOT going to work on my websites today. 

I did manage to create a spiffy looking resume.  Then all I could do was cry. I feel horrid because I am not as available as I would normally be to the people I love because I am stuck here in this situation. 

It is a painful place to be.




So, how would one support another person suffering from persecutory delusions?


I guess one would take this person away from the stimuli; no more conspiracy theories, no more political events with right wing Republicans who talk about the Rothchilds, no more exposure to my paranoia.


That means, I have to start carrying my taser and Glock so I can scare my stalker away.  Truth be told, I haven't seen her for several weeks now.  I think it is done.  She has taken a couple of years away from it only to return.  Remember this has gone on since 1992. There was a tiny lull in it between 2003 and 2004.

I guess I should do what I need to do to help him feel secure in the relationship.  I was celibate for seven years and six months.  I really am not interested in finding anyone else.



Maybe if I weren't so paranoid, this person wouldn't feed off of my energy. 


I guess one would find a way to minimize stress. 


I guess one would go hiking, get out of town for a weekend, be open to reality checking and that kind of thing.  It could help to simply his or her daily life.

Positivity could help, too.  Maybe asking if this person wants to volunteer at a soup kitchen, or collect toys for needy kids, or something that could keep his or her mind too busy to read into everything. 


If paranoid delusions are a form of daydreaming, I suppose one could daydream about better and more positive things. 


It could also point to something that this person doesn't want to face.  Sometimes when people get paranoid about one thing, it is because they are worried about a betrayal that is a true possibility.  


I guess I should ask this person what possibilities are brimming in his or her subconscious mind.  I will tell you that I had to exercise a lot of restraint to not hypnotize this individual to get the answer. 


I'm proud of me.

I'll spend the day thinking about this.  Damn....I wish I would have paid better attention in my Abnormal Psych classes.

I started this blog to track my stalking experiences.  I mean, I was having dreams that I would end up shot.  That turned out to be a very real fear after I learned that my sister-in-law menaced a neighbor with a gun.  I still write about what is going on just in case something happens to me because I figure that the first thing the cops are going to do is go through my computers.  They would see these posts and they could probably corroborate what I write with what I've discussed with officers on the telephone.  Right now, I don't want the wrong person implicated.  I keep track of what happens in my life so people know what is going on.

There is a little jealousy.  If anyone reads my emails and Facebook conversations should I kick the bucket, they will see who is angry about the situation and who is trying to help me problem solve it. 

My friend's paranoia is teaching me that I have to focus on solving my issue.  It is probably the reason that it is hitting so hard.  It is an elephant in the room.  I need to take care of it NOW.  If for any other reason than I cannot be available to comfort or support anyone else if my own life is in complete disarray.  Maybe when the rainy season is over and the clouds finally lift, I'll be back to my normal loving self. 

I have so much love to give.  Why am I stuck in my bed all alone and in tears?

Love ya lots,


S.

Popular posts from this blog

Stalker Proxy Phone Calls

What kind of songs do narcissistic stalkers sing?  I imagine they sing songs like this.   I am grateful now that I understand why the stalker has people call  but   wish they'd listen when I ask them not to call again.  I probably should document this somewhere.  My ex was talking to an old friend of mine from high school on a daily basis.  She is his cousin.   I had to quit talking to her when she'd ask me to plan parties and then refuse to give me the guest list saying that the attendees would only be me, her, my stalker Shannon, and my NPD mother-in-law.   She wanted me to plan interventions.   This happened with a baby shower.  It also happened with a wedding.  The in-laws put together a fake wedding trying to host an intervention to shame me and my ex into doing things for them (like quit school and give them my car).   I had to cut this so-called friend off over that in 2004....

Covid (Edited)

Today I am thankful for unorganized conspiracies: It makes it easier to identify them. Politicians are going to label anyone calling bullshit on the Covid lockdowns a Conspiracy Theorist.   I have a saying; " Conspiracies happen all the time; it's only a theory until it's proven."  This one is easy to prove.  It's obvious that the powers that be threw a lot of shit at a wall to see what would stick.  They're trying to inundate us with useless information and financial pressure to wear us down. That doesn't work on the indominable American spirit. ***** Let's work backwards. The CDC is now lumping flu, pneumonia and Covid19 deaths in one number.  Get this....the numbers have been declining for the past 11 weeks! https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/covid-data/covidview/index.html We are now below pandemic levels. Tell me why Governor Polis and his merry band of naked Democrat Emperors are pushing masks and pushing more lo...

Realizations

Today I am thankful for realizations.   Michael handed me a note promising me the house, the 401K and custody of the kids.  I told him to come up with something a little more fair towards himself. He started crying because he doesn't want a divorce.  I'm all he lives for. He hasn't touched me in six years and I'm what he wants. Yeah...right!! I am so flippin' pissed! I knew it!! I knew it!!! The games...the stalking...the lying...the bullshit...the threats to kill himself.... it is all designed to keep me here. I still don't get the stalking shit.  He claims it's his sister and he can't keep me safe from her.  He can't help but tell them how to find me, so he tells me that I will never be safe so long as I am married to him. The cops say he's the stalker and that I'll never be safe until he moves on to another woman. I'm confused. I'm seriously thinking that the only way to stay safe is to move far away....