Skip to main content

Meet Tom (with edit)




 Today I am thankful for my new acoustic electric. 

He plays like a dream. 

Since, I wouldn't feel right slapping something named after a person with whom I owe a sort-of Wookie Life Debt, I got this adorable number.  I'm thinking of painting birds or a Mandela on it.  I guess it'll depend on what I feel when he gets unboxed. 



It's not an expensive guitar but it sounds better than most I can get for under $300.00.  I can take it to the rehab center and not cry if someone Hendrixes it or borrows it indefinitely.  

I can finally take advantage of all those bass and guitar lessons I paid for. 

Not bad.....

Um..... how does one tune that 6th string? 

Just teasing...

I should tell my buddy Shawn that I've got my own acoustic guitar so I won't be messing around with his Rogue. He's a little upset with me. His guitar is in my walk-in closet and smells like incense.  He laughed that I took away the 'old man smell' and wonders what his wife will think when she gets a whiff of the sandalwood. 

Maybe I'll spray the case with a pheromone or something after he takes it out of my house.  Mrs. Gorgeous will like that. 

We'll probably get into a guitar battle when they visit. 

I'd better start practicing. 

Oh no! I don't think there is a pick in the house.  

Maybe I can cut up my credit cards to make picks. 

The Gods know I really shouldn't use credit cards for anything else. 

Hmmm....I probably shouldn't leave and go anywhere. 

I wonder if I can get a strap, picks and case on Amazon? 

Maybe I'll go shopping at Musician's Friend.  

I don't like to do that because I tend to buy too much stuff there. 

*******

I am in a heck of a lot of pain and worried about having the flu or 

da.....

da....

dum....


the COVID. 

There was a fibromyalgia diagnosis back in '94 and the pain wasn't nearly this bad.  

Then again, I'm a hypnotist.  I have tricks to keep pain away. 

I just don't want to give someone a case of the sniffles and force them out of work while they quarantine for fourteen days. 

******

My 22 year old came home sick. 

She told me that she was exposed to COVID at work. 

Crap - 

I may have two weeks with nothing better to do than play the days away. 

Between Tom, Charlie and the unnamed Peavey bass - I'll have plenty to do. 

Now, I have a cover for myself if the nightmares never stop. 

If I scream out that name in horror in the middle of the night, 

I'll tell anyone who asks that I'm just dreaming up a new melody to play on my new guitar 

and if the scream is horrific, I'll tell them that the melody was inspired by 

Oingo Boingo or Marilyn Manson. 

Love ya, 

S. 


Uh, oh...Musician's Friend has mixing boards on sale....

must look away....

look away.....

too late!

oooh - I need to get some newer bass strings just in case - 

strap lock system?  

Need a few of those.....some of my gear is soooo vintage, it is hard to replace. 

How did I triple the cost of my order? 

Damn - I'm going to go broke. 

This is WHY I'm single. 

When I was married, I felt bad buying strings for myself let alone guitars.  

As a single girl, my bass and guitar collection is exploding. 

((((hugs )))) 

Edit 02/02/2021 - 

Tom had to go.  It arrived and pick-up was taped on!  It was flippin taped on! 

Maybe the one I demoed was previously owned by a luthier. 

The guitar I got stunk to high heaven. 

I sent it packing. 

Well, 

I broke down and bought a blue sunburst Ibanez acoustic-electric even though I never liked Ibanez basses, their pick-ups suck.  

It has to be better than the crappy Recording King I got.  It's cheap enough that if someone at the Rehab Center trashes it, I won't cry over it.  

After my experience at Musician's Friend, I think I'm done ordering from them.  They're getting their stuff sent by Guitar Center.  The only thing I've ever bought at Guitar Center is a pop filter. 

I'm glad I never got anything else there.   

Never had a problem at Sweetwater or American Musical.  

When Covid is over, I can do my thing of scouting the pawn shops.  One of my bass player buddies has a knack for finding really good $50 basses.  He keeps those for himself.  

When he was a teenager, I tried to teach him bass but his mom thought I wanted to date him so she refused.  I was dating someone else....sigh. 

We are only five years apart.  If I would have taught him, he'd probably play jazz. 

No, he's self-taught and has a death metal band. 

I wonder if his mom regrets that decision.  At least he's happy.  

Such is life. 

((( hugs ))) 
 




Popular posts from this blog

Stalker Proxy Phone Calls

What kind of songs do narcissistic stalkers sing?  I imagine they sing songs like this.   I am grateful now that I understand why the stalker has people call  but   wish they'd listen when I ask them not to call again.  I probably should document this somewhere.  My ex was talking to an old friend of mine from high school on a daily basis.  She is his cousin.   I had to quit talking to her when she'd ask me to plan parties and then refuse to give me the guest list saying that the attendees would only be me, her, my stalker Shannon, and my NPD mother-in-law.   She wanted me to plan interventions.   This happened with a baby shower.  It also happened with a wedding.  The in-laws put together a fake wedding trying to host an intervention to shame me and my ex into doing things for them (like quit school and give them my car).   I had to cut this so-called friend off over that in 2004....

Covid (Edited)

Today I am thankful for unorganized conspiracies: It makes it easier to identify them. Politicians are going to label anyone calling bullshit on the Covid lockdowns a Conspiracy Theorist.   I have a saying; " Conspiracies happen all the time; it's only a theory until it's proven."  This one is easy to prove.  It's obvious that the powers that be threw a lot of shit at a wall to see what would stick.  They're trying to inundate us with useless information and financial pressure to wear us down. That doesn't work on the indominable American spirit. ***** Let's work backwards. The CDC is now lumping flu, pneumonia and Covid19 deaths in one number.  Get this....the numbers have been declining for the past 11 weeks! https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/covid-data/covidview/index.html We are now below pandemic levels. Tell me why Governor Polis and his merry band of naked Democrat Emperors are pushing masks and pushing more lo...

Realizations

Today I am thankful for realizations.   Michael handed me a note promising me the house, the 401K and custody of the kids.  I told him to come up with something a little more fair towards himself. He started crying because he doesn't want a divorce.  I'm all he lives for. He hasn't touched me in six years and I'm what he wants. Yeah...right!! I am so flippin' pissed! I knew it!! I knew it!!! The games...the stalking...the lying...the bullshit...the threats to kill himself.... it is all designed to keep me here. I still don't get the stalking shit.  He claims it's his sister and he can't keep me safe from her.  He can't help but tell them how to find me, so he tells me that I will never be safe so long as I am married to him. The cops say he's the stalker and that I'll never be safe until he moves on to another woman. I'm confused. I'm seriously thinking that the only way to stay safe is to move far away....