Skip to main content

High School Reunion


Today I am somewhat thankful that I went to my high school reunion.

I toured the school.  I had a conversation with a junior frustrated about her academic prospects, a sophomore about her frustrations with her beautiful hair and a bored hot man engaged to be married to another hot man I adore. 

Each of them had things they wanted to work through.  I did my best to listen.

One of the hot guys is a music teacher.  That's my dream job.  I gave my dream up in college when they told me I'd need to teach math because the budget for music teachers were cut. 

I switched my major to social science\psychology.  I intended to get my Ph.D.  It's hard to do that when you're stalked on campus. 

I do the therapy thing.  That's not fun.  I need to play the role of a human being in public rather than play the role of a therapist.

I toured the school.  I took lots of photos. 

The band has more than twelve participants now.  They win trophies.

Between 1984 and 1987 there were only twelve students in the symphonic band.  Luckily, most of us could play numerous instruments. 

They have better instruments now.  I didn't see a double bass -but- they finally have a baby grand.

Their mixing board was a tad bit outdated. 

I wish I had the money to get them a good one.

*****
The one part of the school that makes me cry is the locker where my old friend smacked his head and left a dent.  He hit his head out of frustration because I was depressed.

My step-father shot himself in the head a few days before and left an apology note for killing my mother.

I don't know how I could not have been depressed.  I probably shouldn't have been in school that day anyway. 

That dent was still there the last time I toured the school (ten years ago).

They replaced the locker! 

Whew....

I didn't wind up crying this time. 

I toured the art room.

I toured the gym.

I saw a picture of a popular football player who graduated three years before I did.  I was happy it was still hanging. 

I was saddened to learned that this man had killed himself on his 51st birthday.  I didn't go to the 1984 reunion.  I was invited.

I was too afraid to go because of the stalking. 

Maybe I could have done the listening thing then?  I knew him....not well....but I knew him.  I went to their twenty year reunion.  They asked that I bring notepads and pens with my business logo on them so they could write down the contact information for their friends. 

Wasn't that thoughtful? 

I need to listen to my instincts and not hide away anymore.

I'll end this post now before I wind up crying.

If you're in pain please reach out to someone - anyone - with kind eyes and an intuitive smile.

Or just call a suicide hotline.  The staffers aren't paid well so you know it's a labor of love.

Love ya lots,

S. 


Popular posts from this blog

Stalker Proxy Phone Calls

What kind of songs do narcissistic stalkers sing?  I imagine they sing songs like this.   I am grateful now that I understand why the stalker has people call  but   wish they'd listen when I ask them not to call again.  I probably should document this somewhere.  My ex was talking to an old friend of mine from high school on a daily basis.  She is his cousin.   I had to quit talking to her when she'd ask me to plan parties and then refuse to give me the guest list saying that the attendees would only be me, her, my stalker Shannon, and my NPD mother-in-law.   She wanted me to plan interventions.   This happened with a baby shower.  It also happened with a wedding.  The in-laws put together a fake wedding trying to host an intervention to shame me and my ex into doing things for them (like quit school and give them my car).   I had to cut this so-called friend off over that in 2004....

Covid (Edited)

Today I am thankful for unorganized conspiracies: It makes it easier to identify them. Politicians are going to label anyone calling bullshit on the Covid lockdowns a Conspiracy Theorist.   I have a saying; " Conspiracies happen all the time; it's only a theory until it's proven."  This one is easy to prove.  It's obvious that the powers that be threw a lot of shit at a wall to see what would stick.  They're trying to inundate us with useless information and financial pressure to wear us down. That doesn't work on the indominable American spirit. ***** Let's work backwards. The CDC is now lumping flu, pneumonia and Covid19 deaths in one number.  Get this....the numbers have been declining for the past 11 weeks! https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/covid-data/covidview/index.html We are now below pandemic levels. Tell me why Governor Polis and his merry band of naked Democrat Emperors are pushing masks and pushing more lo...

Realizations

Today I am thankful for realizations.   Michael handed me a note promising me the house, the 401K and custody of the kids.  I told him to come up with something a little more fair towards himself. He started crying because he doesn't want a divorce.  I'm all he lives for. He hasn't touched me in six years and I'm what he wants. Yeah...right!! I am so flippin' pissed! I knew it!! I knew it!!! The games...the stalking...the lying...the bullshit...the threats to kill himself.... it is all designed to keep me here. I still don't get the stalking shit.  He claims it's his sister and he can't keep me safe from her.  He can't help but tell them how to find me, so he tells me that I will never be safe so long as I am married to him. The cops say he's the stalker and that I'll never be safe until he moves on to another woman. I'm confused. I'm seriously thinking that the only way to stay safe is to move far away....