Skip to main content

News of My Stalker's Death




Today I am thankful that the worst part of the stalking nightmare is probably over.





I woke up today after five hours of sleep.


I was happy. 

I felt unadulterated joy. 


I had a job interview. 

The interviewer commented on my happy energy. 


I was on top of the world. 

I came home.  A marketer offered to hire me to do some voice over work for him.  He wants to promote me on Amazon.  He offered to split the profits with me. 

I felt great. 


Then....


Then....


An old friend from high school told me that my stalker died on Wednesday night at 8:00 p.m.


*****


Now, I still do not know who was behind the stalking I've endured for 23 years from my ex-husband's family. 


I DO know that the only stalker I feared was Shannon. 


The last stalking incident I dealt with was July of 2014 when the door jam on the front door had been yanked away from the wall. 


It's been quiet. 

It's been nice. 


*****
Part of me hopes that this is a huge lie. 


Part of me hopes that she's still alive, getting help, and internally vowing to live HER life to the fullest and leave me alone. 


Then, there is the part of me that I am ashamed of.  This is the part of me that hopes this is true so that I can carry on giving speeches, promoting events, advertising and helping people without fear of Shannon's stalking. 

I am stunned.

I don't know what to think. 


There are no obituaries.  No news channel has spoken of her death. 


I sure hope it is a lie. 


I'm certainly stunned. 


Shannon was only 42 years old.


*****
I never thought I'd think such a thing about Shannon. 


I had a "What If" thought...

What if I had pressed charges against Shannon and had her arrested?   Would they have caught the cancer in time?  Certainly she'd have had a physical in the jail.....right?


I worry about her mother.  If this is true, she lost her husband and daughter within 18 months. 


I couldn't imagine the horror of outliving your children. 


I cancelled my appointments to pick Michael up from the airport. 

He's back in town. 

I asked if he wanted to talk. 


I asked if he wanted company. 


He said he was here to pack up the supplies from his old office.  It's not about his sister.  In his mind, his sister is already dead. 


What does one say? 

I guess all I can do is be present. 

*****

I have two daughters that look exactly like versions of Shannon in various stages of her childhood. 

One of them is seventeen.  She's an artist.  She sells her artwork online.  She's gay.

The other is ten.  She writes....a lot. 


I see them thriving.  I wonder how Shannon could have been if she wasn't caught up trying to please her parents. 

She never moved out of her parent's home. 


Was she allowed to be herself? 

What could she have been if she were allowed to just be? 


I have often wondered if she was held back....too much. 

I wonder.....


I'll be wondering for awhile.


I wished that the stalking to stop. 

I guess my wish came true.





Love ya,

S. 

P.S.  I knew Shannon when she was a teenager.  Her favorite band was Wham.  I'm not sure she ever believed that George Michael was gay. 


I can't find a sad Wham song that is appropriate....


I guess I'll reflect on the stories of her stalking their Limo after a show at Red Rocks back in the 80's. 


I'm not sure if that actually happened....but I guess it makes for an interesting story. 


I am really hoping this is a narcissist trick.  I'd hate for her to actually be dead.  I've heard of narcs pretending to have cancer.  I've never heard of them faking their deaths....





NEXT DAY EDIT:


Well....I'm sad to report that after talking to someone who went to school with Shannon and Michael, Shannon died of complications from cervical cancer. 


I'm wondering why she didn't catch it in time. 

42 is too young.  It really is. 








Popular posts from this blog

Stalker Proxy Phone Calls

What kind of songs do narcissistic stalkers sing?  I imagine they sing songs like this.   I am grateful now that I understand why the stalker has people call  but   wish they'd listen when I ask them not to call again.  I probably should document this somewhere.  My ex was talking to an old friend of mine from high school on a daily basis.  She is his cousin.   I had to quit talking to her when she'd ask me to plan parties and then refuse to give me the guest list saying that the attendees would only be me, her, my stalker Shannon, and my NPD mother-in-law.   She wanted me to plan interventions.   This happened with a baby shower.  It also happened with a wedding.  The in-laws put together a fake wedding trying to host an intervention to shame me and my ex into doing things for them (like quit school and give them my car).   I had to cut this so-called friend off over that in 2004....

Recognizing Psychological Abuse

Today I am thankful that I recognize relationship abuse.   I'm still sad. I thought Steve would be different.  For all the talk about anarchy and freedom, it simply didn't exist in our relationship.  I blamed the fact that I couldn't get my ex-husband to move on.  I blamed myself. It doesn't matter.  It is weird having my ex-husband explain to me how he took control of our relationship years ago.  Yes, he says that he knows what he did.  Yes, he said most men know the games they play.  Yes, most men do it for control. That is validating.  It's painful.  It's validating.  I know what my problems are.  I always do my best to see the best in other people.  I know that no one is perfect and that everyone makes mistakes.  My issue?  Well, I am too forgiving and I feel badly when I break up with someone for hurting me.  I couldn't take it anymore.  I couldn't.  I'm st...

Covid (Edited)

Today I am thankful for unorganized conspiracies: It makes it easier to identify them. Politicians are going to label anyone calling bullshit on the Covid lockdowns a Conspiracy Theorist.   I have a saying; " Conspiracies happen all the time; it's only a theory until it's proven."  This one is easy to prove.  It's obvious that the powers that be threw a lot of shit at a wall to see what would stick.  They're trying to inundate us with useless information and financial pressure to wear us down. That doesn't work on the indominable American spirit. ***** Let's work backwards. The CDC is now lumping flu, pneumonia and Covid19 deaths in one number.  Get this....the numbers have been declining for the past 11 weeks! https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/covid-data/covidview/index.html We are now below pandemic levels. Tell me why Governor Polis and his merry band of naked Democrat Emperors are pushing masks and pushing more lo...