Skip to main content

Laughing at the Law of Attraction

 
 
 
 
Today, I am thankful for the joke that is the law of attraction. 
 
 
 
I'm trying to escape a twenty year relationship.  This means cleaning out twenty some odd years of crap that I've accumulated from a house I don't want. 
 
 
I have a couple of journals.  I found myself laughing at a journal entry circa 1988. 
 
 
I am nineteen years old.  I decided modeling sucks and took a fun job answering telephones for a bunch of lawyers who enjoyed my ability to answer the phone using and calling them by name when they called and before they spoke. 

It's easy now.  Back then it was quite a trick as it was prior to caller ID. 
 
 They thought I was psychic. 
 
 
Nope.  They usually called at the exact same time everyday. 

In between telephone calls, I would journal back in the day. 
 
I had a little journal where I would draw my desires. 
 
I wished for "headless toys" and drew lots of pictures of allen wrenches and Steinberger guitars. 
 
Now, that came true. 
 
Someone basically gave me a 5-string black Steinberger for a song.  It was only $500. 
 
That's not all....
 
Nope....
 
I think that headless toy business explains my inexplicable attraction to my husband. 
 
Love ya,
 
S. 
 
 


Popular posts from this blog

Stalker Proxy Phone Calls

What kind of songs do narcissistic stalkers sing?  I imagine they sing songs like this.   I am grateful now that I understand why the stalker has people call  but   wish they'd listen when I ask them not to call again.  I probably should document this somewhere.  My ex was talking to an old friend of mine from high school on a daily basis.  She is his cousin.   I had to quit talking to her when she'd ask me to plan parties and then refuse to give me the guest list saying that the attendees would only be me, her, my stalker Shannon, and my NPD mother-in-law.   She wanted me to plan interventions.   This happened with a baby shower.  It also happened with a wedding.  The in-laws put together a fake wedding trying to host an intervention to shame me and my ex into doing things for them (like quit school and give them my car).   I had to cut this so-called friend off over that in 2004....

Recognizing Psychological Abuse

Today I am thankful that I recognize relationship abuse.   I'm still sad. I thought Steve would be different.  For all the talk about anarchy and freedom, it simply didn't exist in our relationship.  I blamed the fact that I couldn't get my ex-husband to move on.  I blamed myself. It doesn't matter.  It is weird having my ex-husband explain to me how he took control of our relationship years ago.  Yes, he says that he knows what he did.  Yes, he said most men know the games they play.  Yes, most men do it for control. That is validating.  It's painful.  It's validating.  I know what my problems are.  I always do my best to see the best in other people.  I know that no one is perfect and that everyone makes mistakes.  My issue?  Well, I am too forgiving and I feel badly when I break up with someone for hurting me.  I couldn't take it anymore.  I couldn't.  I'm st...

Covid (Edited)

Today I am thankful for unorganized conspiracies: It makes it easier to identify them. Politicians are going to label anyone calling bullshit on the Covid lockdowns a Conspiracy Theorist.   I have a saying; " Conspiracies happen all the time; it's only a theory until it's proven."  This one is easy to prove.  It's obvious that the powers that be threw a lot of shit at a wall to see what would stick.  They're trying to inundate us with useless information and financial pressure to wear us down. That doesn't work on the indominable American spirit. ***** Let's work backwards. The CDC is now lumping flu, pneumonia and Covid19 deaths in one number.  Get this....the numbers have been declining for the past 11 weeks! https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/covid-data/covidview/index.html We are now below pandemic levels. Tell me why Governor Polis and his merry band of naked Democrat Emperors are pushing masks and pushing more lo...