Skip to main content

Gentlemen Friends

Today I am thankful for gentlemen friends.  


I've been avoiding one on and off for a little over eighteen months.   I don't want to say too much about it but he has taught me quite a bit about myself.  

  • I do not answer my phone fast enough.  
  • I can do anything, even give boring impromptu public speeches, with the support of my friends. 
  • Riding along in my car is an adventure. 
  • If I don't leave an hour before an event, I will always be late. 
  • The breath mints stored in my purse taste like perfume.  
  • I need to work on my driving anxiety. 
  • There is one poor soul in the world who will walk a mile to make sure I didn't get run over by a train because I tripped over my heels stepping onto a track.  
  • There is one sweet soul who will walk me through a crowd of zombie Obama devotees while guarding my back when talking to Romney henchmen.  


It's a cute friendship.  

There is nothing going on between us.  

But still...he's so nice and so open.  He doesn't make fun of me.  He doesn't freak out when I take a little bit too long in the ladies room.  He doesn't make fun of me when I dress up like a clown and he didn't say a word when the relaxer I put in my hair turned it a horrific bright orange. 

He didn't laugh or yell at me when I said that all I really wanted was a job and my independence. 

When I get excited about something and talk a little too fast, he'll repeat back what he heard and make me laugh.  Either I'm incoherent or he's going deaf...... but either way..... it is really funny.  

Maybe.....

I don't have to live in a celibate marriage anymore.  

I'm thinking about repacking my bags and looking for an apartment and a lawyer.  

I'm not sure he's the one but if that is what most men are like....

maybe it's time to move on.  

Hope.....kindness always brings one hope.  

I'm thankful to have such kind friends in my life.  Even if for a moment, the lessons they give last a lifetime. 

Love, 

S.  







Popular posts from this blog

Stalker Proxy Phone Calls

What kind of songs do narcissistic stalkers sing?  I imagine they sing songs like this.   I am grateful now that I understand why the stalker has people call  but   wish they'd listen when I ask them not to call again.  I probably should document this somewhere.  My ex was talking to an old friend of mine from high school on a daily basis.  She is his cousin.   I had to quit talking to her when she'd ask me to plan parties and then refuse to give me the guest list saying that the attendees would only be me, her, my stalker Shannon, and my NPD mother-in-law.   She wanted me to plan interventions.   This happened with a baby shower.  It also happened with a wedding.  The in-laws put together a fake wedding trying to host an intervention to shame me and my ex into doing things for them (like quit school and give them my car).   I had to cut this so-called friend off over that in 2004....

Recognizing Psychological Abuse

Today I am thankful that I recognize relationship abuse.   I'm still sad. I thought Steve would be different.  For all the talk about anarchy and freedom, it simply didn't exist in our relationship.  I blamed the fact that I couldn't get my ex-husband to move on.  I blamed myself. It doesn't matter.  It is weird having my ex-husband explain to me how he took control of our relationship years ago.  Yes, he says that he knows what he did.  Yes, he said most men know the games they play.  Yes, most men do it for control. That is validating.  It's painful.  It's validating.  I know what my problems are.  I always do my best to see the best in other people.  I know that no one is perfect and that everyone makes mistakes.  My issue?  Well, I am too forgiving and I feel badly when I break up with someone for hurting me.  I couldn't take it anymore.  I couldn't.  I'm st...

Covid (Edited)

Today I am thankful for unorganized conspiracies: It makes it easier to identify them. Politicians are going to label anyone calling bullshit on the Covid lockdowns a Conspiracy Theorist.   I have a saying; " Conspiracies happen all the time; it's only a theory until it's proven."  This one is easy to prove.  It's obvious that the powers that be threw a lot of shit at a wall to see what would stick.  They're trying to inundate us with useless information and financial pressure to wear us down. That doesn't work on the indominable American spirit. ***** Let's work backwards. The CDC is now lumping flu, pneumonia and Covid19 deaths in one number.  Get this....the numbers have been declining for the past 11 weeks! https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/covid-data/covidview/index.html We are now below pandemic levels. Tell me why Governor Polis and his merry band of naked Democrat Emperors are pushing masks and pushing more lo...