Friday, August 23, 2019

Well...My Ex's NPD Diagnosis Must Be True

Today I am thankful that my ex's behavior confirms his NPD diagnosis.

My stalkerish ex was diagnosed with Narcissistic Personality Disorder in 2012.

Personally, I have had a very hard time believing it.  I even met with a psychiatrist buddy to discuss how stress (e.g. PTSD) can bring about narcissistic symptoms in people.

Of course, my ex-husband stalked this shrink and I at the coffee shop.

Even then, I had a very hard time believing it.

I have often wondered what stress could have caused him to turn into a domestic abuser.

He didn't start yelling until after our wedding in 1996.  That was when his family amped up their stalking and, in a couple of cases, physical violence.

It was 1997 when they started impacting my jobs and schooling with their harassment.

Deep down inside, I wanted to believe that his family was acting on their own without influence from my ex.

Turns out - he was behind everything.  He'd lie to them and blame me for him not acting at his mother's beck and call.

His family would harass me in public as a means of punishment.  Sadly, it was my ex who told them where and how to find me.

I still never wanted to believe he was NPD.

****
Over the weekend, he had a very long diatribe with our youngest daughter.

He told her that our family cat was useless and should be killed.

He went on to explain that if an animal or person is useless, it ought to be put to death.

Sigh....

For the record, we rescued the cat.  The cat in turn ran off the mice my ex-husband brought into my house.

Whether or not she did that, she always will have a home with us.

*****

Narcissists only value that which they can use.

It kind of explains the violence and death threats.

I must have become useless.

*****

Yes, my children are in therapy.

Still, it is always heartbreaking when they see the hidden truth in people.  It's always bound to happen.  It's still sad nonetheless.

Our youngest daughter has told me that her father has bullied her and her siblings in the past.  He never does this within earshot of me.

I have NEVER heard of a story in which he wishes a beloved family pet to be killed.

This is incredibly disappointing and sad.

I wish he understood the damage he caused to their relationship.

Damn it.

Dear Mr. Trump: Winners Don't Compromise their Principles

 Post forthcoming:  I left the Libertarian party after the Trumpettes took over due to fear of a strong Libertarian candidate.  It's goo...