Skip to main content

Social Worker Insight

Today I am thankful for the insight of a former colleague.


A friend of mine and I spent some time together today.  She and I are former victim advocates.

I mentioned that the Colorado State Child Support Enforcement office put my ex into a rehab program run by the Denver Rescue Mission which forbids my ex from speaking to his kids or leaving the premises to visit with them (or work) for a period ranging from 90 days to 18 months.

Personally, I'm shocked that this guy has conned everybody into believing he is homeless and is incapable of earning a living.

Her take was more interesting.....

She thinks that someone on the state level is trying to protect me from the stalking.

She told me that she's happy that I'll be safe for at least 90 days.  If he's convinced everyone he needs rehab and is locked up, I'm safe for that period of time.

You know what, she's right on some level.

No one has tried breaking into my home since June.

Maybe things are changing?

I don't know.

It sounds like it's a voluntary rehab - so I would expect that if I agreed to abate his child support, he'd leave immediately and go back to being an accountant.

It's not like he's been court ordered into rehab.

Maybe someone is looking out for me.  Perhaps this is meant to buy me some time.

We'll see.

There has to be more to the story.

At least I'll have some time to find ways to support the kids on my own. I'll work on finding more gigs to supplement my income.

Sometimes all we need is the perspective of a friend.  It helps to see through fresh eyes.

May you get the insight you need when you need it.

Love ya lots,

S.

Popular posts from this blog

Stalker Proxy Phone Calls

What kind of songs do narcissistic stalkers sing?  I imagine they sing songs like this.   I am grateful now that I understand why the stalker has people call  but   wish they'd listen when I ask them not to call again.  I probably should document this somewhere.  My ex was talking to an old friend of mine from high school on a daily basis.  She is his cousin.   I had to quit talking to her when she'd ask me to plan parties and then refuse to give me the guest list saying that the attendees would only be me, her, my stalker Shannon, and my NPD mother-in-law.   She wanted me to plan interventions.   This happened with a baby shower.  It also happened with a wedding.  The in-laws put together a fake wedding trying to host an intervention to shame me and my ex into doing things for them (like quit school and give them my car).   I had to cut this so-called friend off over that in 2004....

Covid (Edited)

Today I am thankful for unorganized conspiracies: It makes it easier to identify them. Politicians are going to label anyone calling bullshit on the Covid lockdowns a Conspiracy Theorist.   I have a saying; " Conspiracies happen all the time; it's only a theory until it's proven."  This one is easy to prove.  It's obvious that the powers that be threw a lot of shit at a wall to see what would stick.  They're trying to inundate us with useless information and financial pressure to wear us down. That doesn't work on the indominable American spirit. ***** Let's work backwards. The CDC is now lumping flu, pneumonia and Covid19 deaths in one number.  Get this....the numbers have been declining for the past 11 weeks! https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/covid-data/covidview/index.html We are now below pandemic levels. Tell me why Governor Polis and his merry band of naked Democrat Emperors are pushing masks and pushing more lo...

Realizations

Today I am thankful for realizations.   Michael handed me a note promising me the house, the 401K and custody of the kids.  I told him to come up with something a little more fair towards himself. He started crying because he doesn't want a divorce.  I'm all he lives for. He hasn't touched me in six years and I'm what he wants. Yeah...right!! I am so flippin' pissed! I knew it!! I knew it!!! The games...the stalking...the lying...the bullshit...the threats to kill himself.... it is all designed to keep me here. I still don't get the stalking shit.  He claims it's his sister and he can't keep me safe from her.  He can't help but tell them how to find me, so he tells me that I will never be safe so long as I am married to him. The cops say he's the stalker and that I'll never be safe until he moves on to another woman. I'm confused. I'm seriously thinking that the only way to stay safe is to move far away....