Skip to main content

The Problem with Hang Up Calls

Today I am realizing that the stalking isn't quite over and that I have to relocate. 


I've been getting a lot of hang-up calls on the landline.  Typically they are robocalls or calls from my ex-husband's bill collectors.

There have been a few over the past couple of days that scare me.

The phone will ring twice before I'll answer.  I will say "hello" and there will silence on the line before the call disconnects.

I don't accept blocked calls anymore.  I can see the numbers that call.

I'll call them back.

When you call a robocall back, you tend to reach a non-working number.

When you call a bill collecter back, you'll speak to someone on staff trying to extort information out of you.

When you call back a hang-up call and get a personal answering machine that does not divulge any information, it can be a little bit scary.  When this happens several times a day, it can be unnerving.

I used to get hang up calls right before I'd catch my ex-husband's sister breaking into the house.

The police said that she would call to see if I were home.

If I didn't answer, she'd be on the doorstep with a bump key in the lock within minutes.

This is happening far too much.

If I Google the number, I don't find anything.

Things are going to escalate, aren't they?

Sigh.....

I wonder if things would improve if I changed the landline number.  I'd hate to do that because I don't want to be accused of making it hard for the ex to contact the kids (even though he still has their mobile numbers).

Perhaps if I disconnect the landline, then there will be no further calls to see if someone is home.  There would be no way to track us using the phone.

I know the hang-up calls are not someone trying to get ahold of the kids as they each have their own personal phone number.

The only thing I can imagine is that the former in-laws or my ex-are up to the same game.  No one hangs up if they have business with you.  If they have a wrong number, they won't keep calling.

This is bizarre.

It could simply be time for me to get a real job so I can afford a better security system.

In the end, that's probably the best thing I can do.

Stay safe out there,

S.


Popular posts from this blog

Stalker Proxy Phone Calls

What kind of songs do narcissistic stalkers sing?  I imagine they sing songs like this.   I am grateful now that I understand why the stalker has people call  but   wish they'd listen when I ask them not to call again.  I probably should document this somewhere.  My ex was talking to an old friend of mine from high school on a daily basis.  She is his cousin.   I had to quit talking to her when she'd ask me to plan parties and then refuse to give me the guest list saying that the attendees would only be me, her, my stalker Shannon, and my NPD mother-in-law.   She wanted me to plan interventions.   This happened with a baby shower.  It also happened with a wedding.  The in-laws put together a fake wedding trying to host an intervention to shame me and my ex into doing things for them (like quit school and give them my car).   I had to cut this so-called friend off over that in 2004....

Covid (Edited)

Today I am thankful for unorganized conspiracies: It makes it easier to identify them. Politicians are going to label anyone calling bullshit on the Covid lockdowns a Conspiracy Theorist.   I have a saying; " Conspiracies happen all the time; it's only a theory until it's proven."  This one is easy to prove.  It's obvious that the powers that be threw a lot of shit at a wall to see what would stick.  They're trying to inundate us with useless information and financial pressure to wear us down. That doesn't work on the indominable American spirit. ***** Let's work backwards. The CDC is now lumping flu, pneumonia and Covid19 deaths in one number.  Get this....the numbers have been declining for the past 11 weeks! https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/covid-data/covidview/index.html We are now below pandemic levels. Tell me why Governor Polis and his merry band of naked Democrat Emperors are pushing masks and pushing more lo...

Realizations

Today I am thankful for realizations.   Michael handed me a note promising me the house, the 401K and custody of the kids.  I told him to come up with something a little more fair towards himself. He started crying because he doesn't want a divorce.  I'm all he lives for. He hasn't touched me in six years and I'm what he wants. Yeah...right!! I am so flippin' pissed! I knew it!! I knew it!!! The games...the stalking...the lying...the bullshit...the threats to kill himself.... it is all designed to keep me here. I still don't get the stalking shit.  He claims it's his sister and he can't keep me safe from her.  He can't help but tell them how to find me, so he tells me that I will never be safe so long as I am married to him. The cops say he's the stalker and that I'll never be safe until he moves on to another woman. I'm confused. I'm seriously thinking that the only way to stay safe is to move far away....