Skip to main content

Future Fathers

Today I express gratitude that I am celibate. 

I know it sounds like TMI but this is really, kinda funny. 

Yesterday was Father's day. 

I went to a Gay Pride Festival.  I was in the parade.  There was a man marching in the parade beside me.  We'd spent about four hours that morning bored at a park, so we chit-chatted about our lives. 

He's a published author, as am I.  Although you can tell by reading this thing, which one of us has to pay for the services of a good editor.   

He likes the metaphysical, just like I do.  We both think vampires are NOT sparkly and that Twilight is training a bunch of little girls to marry abusive aholes. 

We have the same political philosophy.  He even got into a little argument with a conservative about women's rights with another guy to help me save face.

That made me laugh. 
What do two men know about the experience of being female? 

In the third hour, he made it a point to tell me that he was straight. 

He wanted me to know that he was available. 

He wanted to know how to hook up with me after the parade. 

I don't hook up with men. 

I don't hook up with women either...but I kept that aspect of my life to myself.  Sometimes it is good to be vague. 

Still,  he's marching with me.

We pass a bunch of men yelling about safe sex and he notices a ton of unused condom packets on the ground. 

Get this...

He literally bends down and collects all of them from the street. 

This was a parade.  There were motorcars, marchers, twirlers and dancers.  Those packages were far from clean. 

That's not what they mean by dirty intimate activity. 

YUCK!

Worse, it was 98 degrees. 

Rubber degrades in heat. 

How long were those things lying in the sweaty tar on that busy street? 

I couldn't help but laugh at this guy carrying twenty or so rainbow rain jackets. 

Twenty? 

No one is that lucky. 

What, does he have a harem at home? 

Oh boy....if he does....well, there's a pretty good chance he'll be celebrating Father's Day next year. 

And me....

If I EVER get brave enough to even think about venturing into a relationship again, I'm packing my own protection. 


Love,

S. 

Popular posts from this blog

Stalker Proxy Phone Calls

What kind of songs do narcissistic stalkers sing?  I imagine they sing songs like this.   I am grateful now that I understand why the stalker has people call  but   wish they'd listen when I ask them not to call again.  I probably should document this somewhere.  My ex was talking to an old friend of mine from high school on a daily basis.  She is his cousin.   I had to quit talking to her when she'd ask me to plan parties and then refuse to give me the guest list saying that the attendees would only be me, her, my stalker Shannon, and my NPD mother-in-law.   She wanted me to plan interventions.   This happened with a baby shower.  It also happened with a wedding.  The in-laws put together a fake wedding trying to host an intervention to shame me and my ex into doing things for them (like quit school and give them my car).   I had to cut this so-called friend off over that in 2004....

Recognizing Psychological Abuse

Today I am thankful that I recognize relationship abuse.   I'm still sad. I thought Steve would be different.  For all the talk about anarchy and freedom, it simply didn't exist in our relationship.  I blamed the fact that I couldn't get my ex-husband to move on.  I blamed myself. It doesn't matter.  It is weird having my ex-husband explain to me how he took control of our relationship years ago.  Yes, he says that he knows what he did.  Yes, he said most men know the games they play.  Yes, most men do it for control. That is validating.  It's painful.  It's validating.  I know what my problems are.  I always do my best to see the best in other people.  I know that no one is perfect and that everyone makes mistakes.  My issue?  Well, I am too forgiving and I feel badly when I break up with someone for hurting me.  I couldn't take it anymore.  I couldn't.  I'm st...

Covid (Edited)

Today I am thankful for unorganized conspiracies: It makes it easier to identify them. Politicians are going to label anyone calling bullshit on the Covid lockdowns a Conspiracy Theorist.   I have a saying; " Conspiracies happen all the time; it's only a theory until it's proven."  This one is easy to prove.  It's obvious that the powers that be threw a lot of shit at a wall to see what would stick.  They're trying to inundate us with useless information and financial pressure to wear us down. That doesn't work on the indominable American spirit. ***** Let's work backwards. The CDC is now lumping flu, pneumonia and Covid19 deaths in one number.  Get this....the numbers have been declining for the past 11 weeks! https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/covid-data/covidview/index.html We are now below pandemic levels. Tell me why Governor Polis and his merry band of naked Democrat Emperors are pushing masks and pushing more lo...