Saturday, June 5, 2021

Whoa - My Love Life As An Album

 Today I am thankful that I can find musical language to describe my love history. 

So...I have a habit of buying CDs off of the dollar rack at a local consignment store.  I went looking for a Woodstock era CD for an aging guitarist with Alzheimer's as I was hoping the music could bring him moments of lucidity. 

I didn't find Hendrix. 

Instead I found the Robert Smith experience. 

So I listened....

I was never a big Cure fan.  Many of my old guy friends are. 

Me....not so much. 

I listened anyway. 


Yeah....been there...done that. 
No shame. 


Yeah....I have nightmares then I miss someone. 
I pray no one misses me. 




Yeah, a couple of them come around every few years. 
I'm so very busy. 
In fact one of them called me ten days ago. 
I must be a little freaked out because within moments of getting the phone call and the request to meet, I left my phone in a flippin' grocery store across town. 

My subconscious mind must like being alone. 



Despite my busyness, I still love them. 

I should probably emerge from the recoding studio
go out and replace my personal cell phone 
so I can call this old friend back. 

I guess I could figure out how to hook up the VOIP.  I've paid for the home number for over ten years - I just don't know how to use the phone. 

Part of me wonders if this was why I got married when I was younger, I was far too stupid to hook up the stereo and VHR. 

Amps...no problem.  
Stereos?  VHRs?  I didn't care too much about those things. 

Introverts probably don't have much use for home phone lines. 

I'll call my old friend back. 

It's weird.  

This isn't the one in the nightmares.  This is one I've known much longer.  

Strange.....

At our age, we probably don't have s much time to hang out as we used to. 

Love ya, 

S. 





Dear Mr. Trump: Winners Don't Compromise their Principles

 Post forthcoming:  I left the Libertarian party after the Trumpettes took over due to fear of a strong Libertarian candidate.  It's goo...