Skip to main content

Insurance Emails for Documentation

Today I am thankful for a place to post these. 


I'm still not sure what to make of it.  I didn't know my ex-husband was getting emails from my insurer.  The cops say that insurance companies don't email to set up inspections, they typically call or send a letter.


I'll post them here just in case anyone else has this issue.

My sense of it is that my ex-husband and/or his family are playing a little game with me.  I had a guy come out wanting to take a peek at my house and demanding my ex-husband's contact information twice at the end of May.  He had a purple ID tag (which didn't have his name on it only a blurry picture and the name of the company).  He didn't have business cards.  

See previous post for details.  After this drama played out, I learned my ex was stalking a former boyfriend and started getting bizarre prank calls from a guy calling himself Humphrey.


It could be a game nitwits are playing with me -or- the insurance thing could be part of a larger scam targeting other people.  It is the latter possibility that is causing me to share.

I'll start with the email the insurance company sent to me telling me that they didn't order an inspection and then copy and paste the emails my ex-husband forwarded to me last week.


Here goes......


From: Insurance Company Customer Service
Subject: RE: RE: Quick Question & Feedback
Date: Thu, 4 Jun 2015 23:51:09 +0000


Policy Number: **********

Dear [My Name]:

Thank you for your patience during the review of your policy. Our records confirm that we have not ordered an inspection for your property, nor have we sent an inspector to your location. We would suggest notifying the local authorities about the individual who approached you. If the emails from this inspector reference our company, would you be able to forward them to us for review?

If you have any questions about this information, you may contact our Client Service department at 1(888) ***-****. We are available Monday through Thursday from 6 a.m. to midnight, Friday 6 a.m. t
Sincerelyo 10 p.m. or Saturday 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. Central time.

The **********Auto & Home Insurance Team




...............................

These are the emails my ex-husband sent to me a week after the man came pounding on the door.  He received them two days before the person came to my house.   They look legit with the exception that the logos are missing.  I did try to track the man's cell phone number to no avail.  I haven't figured out how to find the IPs in the Hotmail email but my understanding is that this can be easily done (will update when I do that). In the emails, he says that he wants to see the exterior of the home but once here, he wanted access inside.

I was incredibly lucky my neighbors come to my rescue and asked him to leave.

Here goes.....

.............................



******* Auto & Home Insurance

******** Insurance Company



To: Ex_Husband@hotmail.com


Hello






My name is John, I am with ********* Auto & Home Insurance, there was a storm that came thru the area on May 15th and we want to do some pre-inspections on some of our policy holders in the hardest hit areas I will be out in the area this week, Wednesday afternoon, Thursday and Friday, you do not have to be present, I just have to look at the exterior of the home to see if you have any damages from the storm, please let me know if it is ok to inspect your home for any storm damages, if there is damage I could also handle setting up a claim if you desire. Please contact me at the number below or my cell after 4:30 central time at ***-***-****.






Thank you in advance






John

...............................







To:Ex_husband@hotmail.com

Subject: home inspection

Date: Thu, 28 May 2015 23:20:45 +0000



Hello [Ex_Husband's_Name]


Please let me know if it is OK to pre-inspect your home for any possible damages from the May 15th hail storm, I stopped by your home today and nobody was home.



We are trying to inspect some of our policy holders homes in some of the hardest hit areas.






John 


...............................

Oh, I did go to LinkedIn trying to see if there was a man with this guy's name, who resembled him, putting himself out there as an insurance agent.

There wasn't a profile like that.

I did find a man with this guy's name on Spokeo.  There were no pictures and he lives about three hours away from the insurance company's home office.

If this is a scam, this guy has done his research.

It's probably just someone I know messing with my head. 

I think it is time to move. 


Hope this helps someone.

Love ya,

S.

Popular posts from this blog

Stalker Proxy Phone Calls

What kind of songs do narcissistic stalkers sing?  I imagine they sing songs like this.   I am grateful now that I understand why the stalker has people call  but   wish they'd listen when I ask them not to call again.  I probably should document this somewhere.  My ex was talking to an old friend of mine from high school on a daily basis.  She is his cousin.   I had to quit talking to her when she'd ask me to plan parties and then refuse to give me the guest list saying that the attendees would only be me, her, my stalker Shannon, and my NPD mother-in-law.   She wanted me to plan interventions.   This happened with a baby shower.  It also happened with a wedding.  The in-laws put together a fake wedding trying to host an intervention to shame me and my ex into doing things for them (like quit school and give them my car).   I had to cut this so-called friend off over that in 2004....

Recognizing Psychological Abuse

Today I am thankful that I recognize relationship abuse.   I'm still sad. I thought Steve would be different.  For all the talk about anarchy and freedom, it simply didn't exist in our relationship.  I blamed the fact that I couldn't get my ex-husband to move on.  I blamed myself. It doesn't matter.  It is weird having my ex-husband explain to me how he took control of our relationship years ago.  Yes, he says that he knows what he did.  Yes, he said most men know the games they play.  Yes, most men do it for control. That is validating.  It's painful.  It's validating.  I know what my problems are.  I always do my best to see the best in other people.  I know that no one is perfect and that everyone makes mistakes.  My issue?  Well, I am too forgiving and I feel badly when I break up with someone for hurting me.  I couldn't take it anymore.  I couldn't.  I'm st...

Covid (Edited)

Today I am thankful for unorganized conspiracies: It makes it easier to identify them. Politicians are going to label anyone calling bullshit on the Covid lockdowns a Conspiracy Theorist.   I have a saying; " Conspiracies happen all the time; it's only a theory until it's proven."  This one is easy to prove.  It's obvious that the powers that be threw a lot of shit at a wall to see what would stick.  They're trying to inundate us with useless information and financial pressure to wear us down. That doesn't work on the indominable American spirit. ***** Let's work backwards. The CDC is now lumping flu, pneumonia and Covid19 deaths in one number.  Get this....the numbers have been declining for the past 11 weeks! https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/covid-data/covidview/index.html We are now below pandemic levels. Tell me why Governor Polis and his merry band of naked Democrat Emperors are pushing masks and pushing more lo...