Skip to main content

Gross Dreams but At Least They're Different

 



Today I am thankful that a blast from the past ex-boyfriend is no longer dying in my dreams. 

Nope - 

this is a good thing. 

For the past week or so, 

I've been dreaming that I get impaled in my car and die when first responders dry to get me out. 

To be sure, 

that is a far better thing to dream about than another human being dying. 

Funny thing, in the dreams,  I'm wasting my last breath screaming at the other driver for being a moron. 

Wow....road raging until the day I die. 

Boy - my dream self sure likes to lay the guilt thick, doesn't she? 

Oooh.....

Well, at least I'm not cursing the poor soul. 

*****

The dreams are possibly indicative of my anxiety about teaching three kids how to drive.  

They've inspired me to control what I can control. 

I wear my seatbelt now. 

Just in case - 

I'll wear clean underwear

(although I'm not sure it'll matter if I scare myself), 

bring my driver's license with me

(so the paramedics can identify my body because I think that's why driver's license photos are made to look so bad - so paramedics know what we look like after we kick the bucket), 

keep my phone next to me for any final goodbyes

(and give my loved ones stuff to talk about in therapy so a colleague can make some money),

and 

look presentable when I go out so the undertaker will know what I look like-,

(so they know people are used to me in makeup that doesn't match my skin). 

Just teasing. 

Love ya, 

S. 

If these by chance are premonitions - 

I want my basses to go to my buddy Sean - 

or maybe my niece (she's a great bass player), 

or my old friend Galan.  

Hell, they can each pick one. 

The guitars can go to my granddaughter. 

Don't know any other sax players, though - hmmm.....maybe I best fix 'em up so they can go to a public school in good working order.  I should always keep the pads in good order anyway.  

Who cares about my house and all that equity? Someone could buy a heck of a lot of guitars with all that equity. 

The sale of my car could fund a set of strings.  That sucker is older than my kiddos but it still runs like a champ. 

It's funny what I value compared to what my kids will value. 

Guess, I should put together a will, eh? 

I'm a geezette.  I guess it's time for a will anyway. 

We never know when our last day will be.

Hugs. 

Popular posts from this blog

Stalker Proxy Phone Calls

What kind of songs do narcissistic stalkers sing?  I imagine they sing songs like this.   I am grateful now that I understand why the stalker has people call  but   wish they'd listen when I ask them not to call again.  I probably should document this somewhere.  My ex was talking to an old friend of mine from high school on a daily basis.  She is his cousin.   I had to quit talking to her when she'd ask me to plan parties and then refuse to give me the guest list saying that the attendees would only be me, her, my stalker Shannon, and my NPD mother-in-law.   She wanted me to plan interventions.   This happened with a baby shower.  It also happened with a wedding.  The in-laws put together a fake wedding trying to host an intervention to shame me and my ex into doing things for them (like quit school and give them my car).   I had to cut this so-called friend off over that in 2004....

Recognizing Psychological Abuse

Today I am thankful that I recognize relationship abuse.   I'm still sad. I thought Steve would be different.  For all the talk about anarchy and freedom, it simply didn't exist in our relationship.  I blamed the fact that I couldn't get my ex-husband to move on.  I blamed myself. It doesn't matter.  It is weird having my ex-husband explain to me how he took control of our relationship years ago.  Yes, he says that he knows what he did.  Yes, he said most men know the games they play.  Yes, most men do it for control. That is validating.  It's painful.  It's validating.  I know what my problems are.  I always do my best to see the best in other people.  I know that no one is perfect and that everyone makes mistakes.  My issue?  Well, I am too forgiving and I feel badly when I break up with someone for hurting me.  I couldn't take it anymore.  I couldn't.  I'm st...

Covid (Edited)

Today I am thankful for unorganized conspiracies: It makes it easier to identify them. Politicians are going to label anyone calling bullshit on the Covid lockdowns a Conspiracy Theorist.   I have a saying; " Conspiracies happen all the time; it's only a theory until it's proven."  This one is easy to prove.  It's obvious that the powers that be threw a lot of shit at a wall to see what would stick.  They're trying to inundate us with useless information and financial pressure to wear us down. That doesn't work on the indominable American spirit. ***** Let's work backwards. The CDC is now lumping flu, pneumonia and Covid19 deaths in one number.  Get this....the numbers have been declining for the past 11 weeks! https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/covid-data/covidview/index.html We are now below pandemic levels. Tell me why Governor Polis and his merry band of naked Democrat Emperors are pushing masks and pushing more lo...